Monday, February 25, 2008

smoooshed

Just in case you havn't heard yet...my bike got smoooshed on the plane. That's one of the reasons I havn't gotten around to an update over the last few days. After realizing it was broken on tuesday, I scrambled around looking for a new frame, stripped two bikes down, and built one up. Thanks to Matt for the frame. I rode the borrowed bike outside for the first time yesterday, and all systems seem to be a go. I'll try to get some photos of the broken bike on here. I have to take them anyway so I can send them to southwest airlines. I figure the deal will work out for me though. I mean, the bike was my team bike from last year so the price was $0.00, and the replacement cost for the frame is $2,700.00, so as long as they give me more than nothing, I'll be happy I guess. Maybe I'll get a free airplane out of it, or free plane rides for life...or those airline peanuts they have sometimes.
Time to get out on the bike.

No comments: