Tuesday, February 5, 2008

I've got my work cut out for me tonight...


So one oreo cookie has 53.3 calories. Thats where I'll start.

Today was a great ride. About 5 hours. Not that long, just the right distance really, 90 miles or so. After once again failing to get out of the house when we said we were going to, there was ample motivation among the housemates to go fast...so fast we went.

After a bit of a warm up, we rolled steady up gates pass and cruised down the descent on the other side. It's a fast descent, with a couple nice turns, but you can see the road way ahead of you, so using the other lane to take the turns fast is no problem.

We settled in to a nice 3 man paceline at the bottom of the decent and spent the rest of the day taking nice steady hard turns at the front. At the end we were each pulling through for about 10 minutes, and certainly were not taking it easy on each other. Towards the end of the structured part of the ride I threw down a vicious attack and only the Other Adam was able to respond. We traded blows for the next mile or so until he finally cracked and I won the world championship sprint to the Saguaro National Part Visitors Center where we were planning to fill our bottles. Now I'm the Cactus King.

After the spirited effort of the first three hours of riding, we were content to just ride smooth and steady the rest of the way home. Two hours and one espresso later the heat was on for the green jersey points awarded at the front door. Feeling slighted due to his loss at the cactus sprint, St. Germain jumped early leaving Peter and I looking at one another, and the win was his. He went from a long way out, and it worked. He was rewarded for his efforts with the first shower of the day.

Over the course of the ride today I burned 2817.8 calories on my bike. Thats 52.87 oero cookies. I'm going to round up to an even 53. So clearly I've got my work cut out for me. For now I'm off to get a glass of milk and hook in to those oreo's. Take it easy.

3 comments:

Aa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
hannah said...

You write too much about bike practice: BORING! But Oreos, I like that.

Anonymous said...

i thought this site would have naked ladies with tan lines. and i get this?