Friday, February 8, 2008

Moon Mountain Mayhem

Today was the first hard workout with any real structure I've done so far this year. We headed over to Mt. Lemmon since it was the best place for the three of us to ride is we all had different agendas. St. Germain and I were intent on getting some serious intensity in, in the form of various intervals. Peter seemed content to cruise on easy street, and get some endurance style climbing under his belt with hopes of saving something for the shootout tomorrow.

It was warm so we stowed the vests and warmers in the back pockets and prepared to throw it down on the mountainside. I felt good. Three 20 minutes at a near threshold pace did a number on me, but as I sit and write this evening, my legs feel good. Probably because we stopped at Le Buzz on the way home and had some bitchin latte's. And St. Girlmain had a cookie because he's fat as hell. We'll know for sure when the pace hots up on mission tomorrow at the pointy end of the fastest and most hotly contested group ride in the world. We're going to do the shootout with Madera canyon tomorrow, and then if the legs feel good maybe a loop up and over gates pass. Then a coffee shop break of course. Then, I think we're going to grab some food and beers with Meghan, a friend of mine from college who's out here getting her graduate degree.

Oh, and speaking of food, I'm getting sick of eating rice, pasat, grilled chicked, salad, eggs, oatmeal, and bagels. I want some serious food, and I cant wait to get in the kitchen when I get back and make something that is bad for me. I'm open to ideas, so if you have any let me know. Cheers until then.

1 comment:

JoshB said...

who the hells idea was it to start the shootout 15 minutes early today?

ggaayyy