Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Fun, remember fun?

I raced my cross bike on sunday. It was awesome. A total change of pace from the stresses and strains of a full season of road racing. It was great to see some folks who I havn't seen since the end of last cross season, and I'm always amazed at how many people make cyclocross their primary form of competetive cycling. It's a whole different scene, different people, different places, different weather, no jerks...or less jerks at least, and beer.
The race was fun. I started off too fast and led the race for the first three laps or so, then totally imploded, and faded...then faded some more...then faded yet again, and wound up 5th. I was a little let down about how bad the wheels came off 30min into the race, but was equally pumped to walk away with a little cash in my pocket and covered with mud.
See you at some cross races!

3 comments:

The Crew at Cheshire Cycle said...

Adam, you going to be at Interbike?

Hunterpronovost@aol.com

Aa said...

I am totally going to pop some wheelies.

Julianne said...

Congrats, thats awesome =)