Tuesday, October 14, 2008

So even when I suck...

I don't suck all that bad. I realized that this weekend at Gloucester. I had to work all week, even saturday, so I was tired going into the race on sunday. Not a good thing when your racing against the likes of Ryan Trebon and Tim Johnson...sort of. Anyhow, I had a good start, for me at least, and then I started to fade...and fade...and fade. Before I knew it I was fighting tooth and nail for a top 30 finish. This is not something I am too pumped about. But...on the upside. A year ago at this time I was pumped to finish a UCI race on the lead lap, and I had to have a near perfect day to make it happen. Now, even when I feel bad, and pedal squares, I don't have to keep looking over my shoulder. So yes, it's true, Ryan Trebon is a better cross racer than I am, but not a whole lap better...even on my worst day.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

plus, when you think about it, he is like 8 or 9 feet tall, so if you take his speed and divide it by his height, and then you do the same thing for your height and weight, then add 5. and i think you see what i'm saying...

Colin R said...

hey adam, i put a video up of our incident here in case you want to relive it.

next time i am going backwards i will stay off the racing line :)

Hans Hagman said...

Adam,
You seem to excell at the suffer-fest races. These cyclo-cross may be right up yer alley, no?

Aa said...

Nice crash...
You need to practice ghost riding the whip before you bring it to the masses.

See ya'll this weekend.