Saturday, June 7, 2008

Whats been happening.

So things have been pretty quiet around these oarts as of late. Last weekend, as planned, I stayed at home, with no bike racing in sight. I worked at the shop on saturday, which was nice for a change. Things are starting to really pick up down there, and the tourists are starting to pour into town, which is good for business, but bad for parking...EVERYWHERE. Oh well. I did some socializing as well, and a bit of bike riding. For the most part it was a pretty relaxing weekend.
The training this week however has been anything but. I've been really killing it lately in preperation for some of the bigger upcoming races. Hopefully my plan to be fast this year in june and july rather than april and may last year is working. We'll see. Today I'm going to ride to the Mystic Velo Crit at Ninnigret, race the crit, and ride home. Should be close to 6 hours by the time im done. Sweet. I'm also planning on making the Wells ave trip tomorrow. Hopefully I'll see some folks there, be able to get my fix of weekend bike race schmoozing, and a good workout all at the same time.
Signing off for now, it's too nice. I'm going to sit in the yard and drink 16 more cups of coffee before I hit the road.

No comments: